The following are additional resources related to preventing SCDY.
- “Too Young To Die: An Update on the Impact of Sudden Cardiac Death of the Young in Michigan.” MDCH, 2011.
- American Heart Association, “Response to Cardiac Arrest and Selected Life-Threatening Medical Emergencies: The Medical Emergency Response Plan for Schools: A Statement for Healthcare Providers, Policymakers, School Administrators, and Community Leaders” by Mary Fran Hazinski, Writing Group, et al.
- April 2019 is Michigan Student Athlete Cardiac Awareness Month
- MI HEARTSafe School Newsletter February 2020
- MI HEARTSafe School Newsletter October 2019
- MI HEARTSafe School Newsletter February 2019
- MI HEARTSafe School Newsletter October 2018
- “Importance of Pre-participation Physical Exam” by Terry Ziegler
- Michigan’s Good Samaritan Act
Michigan has a Good Samaritan Act which protects volunteers who render aid or assistance to someone who has suffered a sudden cardiac arrest or other cardiac emergency. This includes someone who volunteers to perform cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or uses an automated external defibrillator (AED) in an attempt to save a life.
- Michigan Department of Education
- Michigan School Health Regions
- Michigan High School Coaches Association
- Michigan Association of School Nurses
- Project ADAM – Michigan
- American Heart Association, Midwest Affiliate
- MDHHS Cardiovascular Health, Nutrition and Physical Activity
- The Kimberly Anne Gillary Foundation
- Thomas Smith Memorial Foundation
- The KAYLA Foundation
- UM, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital Sudden Cardiac Arrest Program
- Wes Leonard Heart Team
- Pulse 3 Foundation
- Live Like Max
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation’s “You Can Save A Life At School”